- What information do we collect about you?
- Why do we need your data?
- Lawful basis for processing personal information
- How we look after your data
- Who we share your data with
- International transfers of personal information.
- How long will we store your data?
- What are your rights?
- Other websites
- How to contact us
What information do we collect about you?
In the course of our business it is necessary to record, store, process, transmit, and otherwise handle private information about individuals. We take these activities seriously and provide fair, secure, and fully-legal systems for the appropriate handling of this private information. All such activities are intended to be consistent with both generally accepted privacy ethics and standard business practices.
We collect information about you when you fill in a newsletter sign-up form, order a Fandom Pay prepaid card, contact customer support, or email us directly. We also collect information when you provide feedback and participate in competitions, giveaways, and sweepstakes. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
The personal information we collect about you may include; your first name, last name, email address, date of birth, phone, address, country, city, postcode, credit or debit card details, ID, gender, IP address, location, language, your chosen internet browser and service provider, and device plus any information you supply voluntarily.
We may collect information about you from third party sources such as credit reference agencies or other organisations involved in the support or provision of your card and the associated services. These searches are to check your identity and we do not carry out any credit reference checks or credit scoring for this purpose.
We collect information each time you use your Fandom Pay prepaid card, such as time and date of transaction, transaction amount, merchant name and location.
You are responsible for providing honest, correct data and for informing Nano Nino about any modifications to it; Nano Nino is not responsible. Nano Nino has the right to exclude its services from any user who has provided false information, whatever legal consequences you might face for providing us with false information.
Why do we need your data?
We collect information about you to provide the service to issue and manage a prepaid financial product to you and fulfil your requests:
- To process your payment for merchants (such as retailers) that we work with.
- To receive services from our suppliers.
- To collect our charges or costs in connection with other legal enforcement.
- To manage our supplier relationships.
- For monitoring and quality assurance purposes.
- For site analytics purposes.
- If you fill out a contact form, we use this information to contact you directly, process your request, manage your account and, if you agree, to email you about other products, services, and information we think may be of interest to you.
We may use your contact information to advertise our service to you on third-party websites such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We may also contact you directly to follow up on the service and user experience we provide. We use your information collected from the website to personalize your repeat visits to our website. If you agree, we will pass on your personal information to third parties so that they may offer you their products and services. If ‘Nano Nino SLU, trading as Fandom Pay’ is ever sold to another company, your contact information will be passed on to this new party.
We will take cautionary measures to ensure we do not collect any personal data from you we do not need in order to provide and oversee the above services to you.
Lawful basis for processing personal information
We have a lawful basis to process your data in order to fulfill our legal obligations and to perform a contract with you to deliver the Fandom Pay card.
How we look after your data
We take reasonable efforts to ensure that all private information maintained is accurate, timely, relevant and complete. We also make reasonable efforts to ensure that all private information is used only as intended and that precautions preventing misuse are both effective and appropriate. We are responsible for establishing appropriate controls to ensure that private information is disclosed only to those who have a legitimate business need for such access. We will establish and maintain sufficient controls to ensure that all information is free from a significant risk of undetected alteration
If you call Customer Support, your call may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes. Our policy states that all call recordings are stored securely for 6 years and then deleted. When speaking with customer support, we may need to verify your identity by asking you for information that you have already provided to us. This will only be the case where we are handling sensitive information such as billing information or other account-specific issues.
Who we share your data with
We may outsource some or all of our information handling activities, and it may be necessary to transfer customer information to third parties to perform work under an outsourcing agreement. For example, during the registration stage where we will use a third party to verify your identity.
In all such cases, the third parties involved must sign a confidentiality agreement prohibiting them from further dissemination of this information and prohibiting them from using this information for unauthorised purposes.
We do not disclose specific information about customer accounts, transactions, or relationships to unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except under these circumstances.
The data we collect may be shared with specific entities such as: Wirecard Card Solutions Ltd, Mastercard® , Quantum Card Services Ltd, Fidelity National Information Services, Inc (FIS), NiteCrest Ltd, Onfido, Comdata and Wirecard Bank AG.
Disclosure of data for marketing purposes will always require prior consent from the customer to opt in.
International transfers of personal information
Processing your information, as described above, may involve sending it to other countries outside of the EEA including the United States of America. In such circumstances we are responsible as Data Controllers for making sure that your information continues to be protected under these regulation.
How long will we store your data?
Information that we store from your card account subscription will be stored as long as you have an active subscription. We will keep this information on file until your subscription ends. Once your subscription ends and your information has been deleted, we are unable and not responsible for recovering it.
Personal information that you provide will be disclosed to a 3rd party card processing agency in order to provide our services to you, who will keep a record of that information. We have taken steps to ensure that these parties have similar data protection policies in place.
They will retain your data for as long as is required for statutory purposes. They operate within the financial sector and are required by law to hold financial data for 7 years. In this instance any request to delete data is overridden by HMRC (UK) requirement to hold data for 7 years.
Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. Once you request for this data to be deleted, we will retain it for 10 days in case you change your mind.
We would like to send you updates and information about products and services of ours and other companies (Fandom Pay partners) which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to other parties. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes please unsubscribe in the footer of our email or update your notification preferences in the app.
By subscribing to Fandom Pay, you are automatically entered for giveaways and sweepstakes. If you are the winner, we may contact you for consent to post online about your win. This information may include a first name, image, quote, and any other information voluntarily given.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights:
- Right to access (Subject Access Request): You have the right to know what data has been collected about you and how such data has been processed. You always have the right to request information about your stored data, its origin, its recipients, and the purpose of its collection at no charge. We will provide this information to you as quick as possible, no later than one month.
- Right to correction: You have the right to make changes to inaccurate data.
- Right to erase: You have the right to withdraw consent and ask for your personal data to be deleted. In other words, you have the right for your personal data to be forgotten.
- Right to limitation: You have the right to limit the processing of your personal data.
- Right to objection: You have the right to object for your personal data to be processed.
- Right to information: You have the right to know who has seen your personal data.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to transfer personal data from one electronic processing system to and into another electronic processing system.
- Right to individual treatment: You have the right not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing, including profiling.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please email or write to us at the following address.
Address: Nano Nino S.L., C/ Doctor Sapena, 54, 03013, Alicante, Spain
The request must be by email and in writing, with an attached copy of your ID Card or Passport, and must contain your name, surname, notification address and the concrete content of the right applied.
Please keep in mind the procedure of Royal Decree 1720/2007 in article 25 and the procedure of The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data for the purpose of exercising your rights.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site we provide the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site, the pages that you visit, and demographics and interests so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- As we sell products it’s important for us to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to our site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that we can accurately make business predictions that allow us to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Youtube, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use our website. Your consent applies to the following domains: www.fandompay.com
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving permission to process your personal data specifically for their purposes identified. Consent is required for our third parties to process personal data, but it must be explicitly given except where the third parties are required for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to provide agreed services.
Where we are asking you for your personal data we will always tell you how the information will be used. You may withdraw consent at any time but this may result in us being unable to provide you with a prepaid financial product.
We will not pass on your personal data to third parties (without first obtaining your consent) outside of fulfilling our contractual obligations to provide agreed services.
How to contact us
Address: Nano Nino S.L. , C/ Doctor Sapena, 54, 03013, Alicante, Spain